Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The 18x24 Castle on my desk.

When I first started Scratching... I was still working at the Wrigley North and this guy (who ended up getting his skull crushed outside the bar) loved my stuff and offered to pay me $500 to "make him a castle" - so i did. Not because I thought in a million year this drunken douchebag was going to pay me, but just because I like castles. I became obsessed, not able to put the blade down. At one point I said I was just going to scratch until all the black was gone...I began to hate it...and yet, I dont think I'll ever be able to let it go. Now it sits on my desk collecting dust. Every time I look at it I think "Holy shit, I was determined!" I havent worked on a piece like this in quite some time. I don't think my wrist could take the abuse. Well, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment